Relaxing in the tub is such a sensual affair, whether it’s merely to get yourself all cleaned up, to induce feelings of relaxation and rejuvenation, or to experience a bit of cheeky sexy time with yourself or a partner.
So, if you’re all about making waves, we’re sure you’re going to love the sound of bathtub sex for so many reasons. This is your guide to tub sex!
The logistics behind bathtub sex
Size Does Matter
Bathtub sex is rarely anything like you’ll see in the Movies. Some tubs are so small that they can’t even be shared or used for their own purposes.
You could, for instance, go crazy in a narrow bathtub. However, logistically speaking, you should not forget to take a dip together or try other positions.
However, a larger bathtub is the best choice for bathtub sex. Have a whirlpool-style bathtub at home or at a hotel you’re staying at? Lucky you!
Remember that the water level will rise when you sit down in the tub. With two people getting in, well, just don’t overfill the bathtub, that’s all we’re saying.
Condom use in water can be a real killer. Condom use in water is a killer. Condoms If they are your only or primary source of birth control, it is best to not use them. They can easily slip off if wet.
Also, be cautious about the product(s) that you use In The bathtub (bubble tub, etc. as it could enter the vagina (a kind of “gush” that’ll only really happen during water play time), creating a possible bacterial infection. You might try to keep the water as natural as possible, or conduct some research on your products.
Water tends to dry out intimate parts, it turns out! We recommend keeping some silicone-based lubricants on hand (Water-based lube It will just wash away).
Surprisingly, the Edge
After reading the above, perhaps you’re a bit apprehensive about bathtub sex, we get it. But that doesn’t mean you need to rule out the bathtub completely.
One partner could sit on the edge of a tub while the other engages in oral sex. Just be sure to have something sturdy to hold onto if you’re nervous about things being… slippery when wet!
For sexy bathtub sex, here are some positions
For starters, you’re going to want to get comfy! We suggest either:
- Facing your partner with both of your knees bent while your feet sit comfortably to the side of each other’s legs and hips.
- Your partner should face the same direction and one of you should lean against the other between your legs. Tip: Be careful with your belongings if the man being leaned on is a woman!
By choosing the latter, one partner can reach over and rub their lover’s nipples or clit whilst giving them sweet kisses on the neck and shoulders.
Then, when you’re ready to heat things up, why not go for these sex positions?
- Cowgirl: Your knees and hands should be supported. Have your partner lay back, and then you can take control.
- Reverse cowgirl: Take the same security precautions above to get into the reverse cowgirl pose while showing some hips.
- Doggy style: This classic bath treat is a favorite and one of the easiest to enjoy in the tub. One could either look out the side of the tub or position themselves at the bottom of the tub.
Waterproof sexy bliss: You can add a bathtub lift to your bath. LELO has a few cheeky couple’s toys that are 100 percent waterproof. Do you prefer regular bath sex or enhanced pleasure tub sex? You should choose the latter.
You can check out the TIANI 3, a remote-controlled couples’ massager with eight pleasure settings, or the IDA, also remote-controlled, a toy that’s worn by her during sex, giving off powerful vibrations and rotations for both partners.
Whatever sexy activity or position you’re planning for the bathtub, please be sure to make safety a priority:
- Non-slip mats or stickers could be used.
- Make sure that the surface you’re holding onto is dry, stable, and secure. It should be capable of supporting or accommodating your body weight.
- You might be able to do without the bubble bath and bath salts. You may have trouble getting in and outside the tub with candles, or they could cause a fire hazard due to all the smoke. Bubble bath or bath salts could make the surface even more slippery.
Bathtub Sex for 1!
It’s obvious that sex is only what you perceive it as. Who says you can’t fuck yourself? Solo bathtub sex can feel just as intimate and enjoyable as partnered bathtub sexuality.
The Classic Bath Faucet Trick for Her
You feel like a sexy lady in the tub? Turn on the bath faucet to let the water flow. Position yourself so that you’re on your back with your legs against the wall, spread open, allowing the water to fall directly onto your pleasure spots.
You could also try solo temperature play. Start with cold water and let it numb your clitoris. Then turn on the heat and get closer to the faucet as the temperature warms.
For her, pleasure enhancers during solo bathtub sex
These are some of our favorite pleasure enhancers for her to use in the tub:
- SONA 2 CRUISE: An award-winning, stimulating clit toy
- SORAYA WATERA new rabbit vibrator that gives you g-spot stimulation and clitoral stimulation
- ORA 3: an oral sex simulator that’s just like (or perhaps better than) the real thing
The Classic Bath Faucet Trick For Him
The bath faucet trick isn’t just for her! A penis-bearer can have some fun alone in the tub by running water from the faucet at a high pressure. For a type of penetration, you should get down on your knees to reach the faucet.
For him, pleasure enhancers during solo bathtub sex
We love these pleasure enhancers, which he can use in the tub:
- HUGOThis hands-free prostate massager can be used to increase the intensity and pleasure of the male sexual experience by up to 33 percent
- LOKI: A pleasure product perfectly shaped that provides prostate stimulation in six settings
- BRUNOTwo motors allow for double the pleasure with a hands-free massager for prostate.
For an even more fascinating ending, have you heard of these sexy water fetishes related to sex?
- Aquaphilia: Sexual arousal by water or watery environment
- CoitobalnismSexual arousal due to having sex inside a bathtub
- Coitus is a unda: Sexual arousal with sex underwater
- BidetonismSexual arousal after using a bidet to stimulate the genitals
Are you ready to have some fun with your partner or your sexy self? You should remember that bathtub sex can be amazing but you must always ensure your safety!
Helena is a sex-positive freelance copywriter in her early 30’s from Cape Town, South Africa. She’s travelled and lived in various countries in Asia and Europe for almost a decade, and continues to live her dream — traveling the world independently as a copywriter. She has extensive experience in the fields of sexual health, escort and sex marketing, having written for various magazines and companies within the industry.